Tuesday 8 March 2011

Step One Draft

For my first draft of my magazine, I started off by creating a union jack as the background to my magazine. It immediately draws in the readers attention because the Union Jack is quite a bright flag and not many magazines feature it as their background.

I then decided to use the picture which represented the theme of the magazine the most. It features myself as a guitarist standing next to a British postbox. I chose this mise-en-scene as the the postbox is very British, and it co-ordinates with the colour scheme. 

I added the title 'The Jam' up to the top right hand corner. The two fonts represents the variety of music in which the magazine features. I added the strapline of 'The Best Of British'  too add to the theme of British music, and Issue 1 due to the fact that it is issue 1. The barcode was then added to make the magazine seem more realistic.



No comments:

Post a Comment